If you encounter an error code -43 on Mac when you are trying to delete some files from the desktop, then you can follow the below steps to fix the error completely.
The error says:
The operation can’t be completed because one or more required items can’t be found. (Error code -43)
To Fix Error Code 43 Mac OS X, user will need to understand the above mentioned causes which gives rise to this error. There is a difference between naming convention of files and folders in Windows and Mac OS. User will find that there are some character which are allowed in naming the file in Mac but not allowed in Windows environment. While sharing the files/folders with such characters, Mac Error 43 appears up. So user need to follow the naming protocol before proceeding for any such file transfer.
Some of the characters which are not allowed are
? [ ] / \ = + < > ; : “ , | *
So user will have to remove these characters from the name assuming it as necessary step for Mac Error 43 Fix.
How to Fix
In case of Mac file corruption resulting in Finder Error Code -43 complications, follow this:
- Search and launch “Disk Utility”
- Click on “check file system”option
- Wait till the scanning process gets over
- Select the file that you want to mount it
If there is a problem with Mac file system due to Finder Error Code -43 then you may try this
- Insert the Mac Bootable CD/Flash drive and restart the PC.
- Click on “Install Mac OS X” option.
- Continuously press “C” button from your keyboard.
- Accept the license agreement & select the desired language.
- Choose the destination drive which has the problem. In general, click on “Macintosh HD”.
After that click on “Options” icon to select the installation method. Further, if you want to save your personal file folders, networking accounts & user accounts click on “Archive to Install” & select “Preserve Users and Network Settings.
Restart your Mac system and reply to configuration prompt.
Note: Attempting to fix Finder Error Code -43 manually requires technical skills which newbie lacks. Even slight mistake might bring risk to data. So, it is recommended to take the help of Mac Data Recovery tool to rescue data in case of Finder Error Code -43 issue.
After that, everything will be back to normal.
Tips For Avoiding Finder Error Code -43
- Stop using Mac at once if you do not want to aggravate Finder Error Code -43 issue and go for inbuilt disk recovery option.
- Never overwrite the free space created after deletion of Mac files.
- Don’t restart the Mac as the deleted or corrupted data might get overwritten with some other file.
- Do not switch off system by ejecting the power plug.
- Avoid upgrading system files.
- Do not share any new data after the deletion or corruption issue.
- Search the Mac Trash files.
- Avoid downloading software from untrustworthy or suspicious websites.
- Always shutdown your PC properly.
- Always keep your Mac system update with patches & security fixes to protect against software loopholes
- Always have a proper & updated backup of your saved Mac files to overcome data loss and Finder Error Code -43 issue.