In accordance with the previous patterns, Apple tends to bring a new generation of software updates shortly after the new product release. Apple Watch as a new market occupies an important position in the smart wearable community. So it will certainly get every major software updates along with the iPhone and iPad.
watchOS is a stand-alone system Apple created running on the Apple Watch, which has experienced watchOS 1.0 and several beta version of v2.0, now the company will release watchOS 2.0around 10 am PT/1 pm ET, new version contains a large number of new features and improvements, such as new watch faces, Time Travel, ability for apps to run natively on the Apple Watch, a new Nightstand mode, third-party complications, ability to take FaceTime audio calls and lots more.
If you are wearing an Apple Watch, then you must wonder how to upgrade it to watchOS 2.0, In fact, the whole process is very simple.
To install the update, you need to make sure your Apple Watch is in the range of your iPhone, connected to the charger and charged at least 50%. Please note that the installation process could take 20-30 minutes.
You won’t be able to install watchOS 2 update if your iPhone is running iOS 8.4.1 or lower. So you should install iOS 9.0 public on your iPhone first.
- Once the preparatory work completed, launch the Apple Watch companion app on your iPhone.
- Tap on General.
- Then tap on Software Update. You should see the watchOS 2 software update available for download and install.
- Tap Download and Install.
- You will be prompted to enter your iPhone’s password. Enter it and tap on Done to continue.
- Then tap on Agree, to agree to the terms and conditions of the update.
- It should start downloading the update to your Apple Watch. It could take 10-15 minutes to download the update.
After the update has been successfully downloaded, it will inform you that it is “Preparing” for the update.
Before it can start the installation process, it will check whether the Apple Watch is connected to its charger and charged at least 50%. It will pause the installation. Tap on Ok after the conditions have been met, and to proceed with the installation process.
At this point the installation process switches to the Apple Watch. The Apple Watch companion app will inform you that the update is being installed on the Apple Watch.
- When the installation on the Apple Watch starts it will restart the Apple Watch, and display the progress of the installation process. This is the updating screen on the Apple Watch.
- Your Apple Watch may reboot couple of times during the installation process. After the installation is complete, it will reboot your Apple Watch.
That’s it, your Apple Watch should be updated with watchOS 2.