The stock Notes app in iOS is a very handy little tool lets us record a variety of trivia in life, however, you may inadvertently click the delete button and lose some of that precious data in the Notes app, thanks to Apple provides a recovery mechanism that those notes you accidentally deleted will not be completely removed at once. Just like the Photos app, Apple’s iOS Notes app has a safety feature that will store deleted note for up to 30 days before they are removed permanently.
The below are some simple steps guide you how to recover deleted notes in iOS.
How to recover deleted notes
- Open the Notes app in iOS 9.3.3
- Tap on the back arrow button ( “<“) in the upper left corner to view all the folders in the Notes app.
- Tap the “Recently Deleted” folder.notes-delete
- Tap on the “Edit” button in the upper right corner.
- Tap to select checkbox next to the notes you want to restore.
- Tap the “Move To” button in the lower corner.
- Choose the folder you want to move the deleted note back to, either the “Notes” folder on iCloud or the “Notes” folder on the device, or a custom folder you may have created.
- Use the “<” button to return to the main notes folder and find the undeleted note in the folder you selected above