Recently a new project called ‘AppleDNS’ established on Github platform claims to have the ability to speed up Apple services. Let us look at the specific situation.
The project author said AppleDNS collected CDN IPs in China to speed up the response of App Store, Mac App Store, iTunes Store, Apple Music, iBooks and TestFligh service.
How to Use AppleDNS
1. First you need to download AppleDNS, enter AppleDNS project Github page, click the Clone or download button on the right side of the page, in the pop-up window, click Download ZIP.
2. In order to facilitate the command input, move all the items you just unpacked to the desktop.
3. Open a terminal, enter
cd ~ / Desktop / AppleDNS-master
4. confirm your ISP, telecommunications users enter
python fetch-timeout.py ChinaNet.json
Unicom users enter
python fetch-timeout.py ChinaUnicom.json
Mobile user input
python fetch-timeout.py CMCC.json
Enter the above commands after the start gun, wait a few seconds.
5. Export Hosts Configuration
python export-configure.py hosts
If you are the Apple Music user, execute the following command
python fetch-timeout.py Music.json
then replacing the IP addres of the result generated before
6. Select the Hosts configuration outputed in terminal, press
Command + C to copy.
7. Enter the following command in a terminal and execute,then enter the password:
sudo vi /etc/hosts
Paste Hosts configuration just generated
Press the ESC key and type
:wq, press Enter to save Hosts configuration.
8. Clear the DNS caches, enter the following code in a terminal window:
10.10.4 or later: sudo killall -HUP mDNSResponder
10.10 ~ 10.10.3: sudo discoveryutil mdnsflushcache
10.7 ~ 10.9.5: sudo killall -HUP mDNSResponder
10.6 ~ 10.6.8: sudo dscacheutil -flushcache