This morning Apple issued a formal invitation to medias, announced the Spring Event to be held on March 21, in addition to the rumored iPhone SE 4-inch and 9.7 inch iPad Pro, the company may also launch new Apple Watch bands and watchOS 2.2 public version.
watchOS 2.2 update will allow users to pair multiple Apple Watch with one same iPhone, new fimware further improvements the map feature. According to the current news, Apple will not release new hardware for Apple Watch at the upcoming event, the new Apple Watch 2 is more likely to be unveiled at the September event, by then Apple will launch a new watchOS 3 firmware for the Watch, today some system features of which has been leaked by medias, include:
- Support Third-party Watch Faces
- Location based Watch faces
- Modular watch face with custom background and more options
- Shake to dismiss notifications
- Fix bugs to improve fluency
- Extra features when using Force Touch
- Reminders, Find My Friends, and voice memo will also be launched in the watchOS 3
All the features listed above are not difficult to achieve, even if implemented in the existing Apple Watch, not to mention the new hardware, so just waitting for the new watch released in this fall.