“DeskConnect” is a free file transfer between iOS and Mac, created by the well-known developer “Workflow”, which can be said the best file-sharing program between the Apple devices. After a lapse of three years, today “DeskConnect” finally ushered in a major update with all-new, redesigned UI and many powerful new features. Important that this amazing application has always free for iOS and OS X.
Users only need to register an account before using, and while log in the app on iOS and Mac. It not only allows you to mutually share text, images, audio / video, but also sharing web pages, contacts, iWork / Office Docs, Google Maps routes and clipboard texts. But it is different with those cloud storage apps like Dropbox, it’s a temporary holding tray – data you upload and share between devices is automatically deleted after 30 days.
In the new DeskConnect, four buttons sit atop the main screen to send photos, the clipboard, websites, and documents. Only three of these shortcuts function within the app itself: to share links to websites, you’ll have to use the DeskConnect share extension from other apps. Items you’ve sent to devices configured with your DeskConnect account will be displayed with thumbnail previews at the bottom; on the iPhone 6s, you can 3D Touch on them to open a peek and then swipe up to reveal options to copy the item again or delete it.
News in DeskConnect 1.2
* All-new, redesigned UI
* Share extension for quick sending from other apps
* Send via DeskConnect action in Workflow (requires Workflow update)
* iOS interactive notifications for quickly copying received items
* 3D Touch for previewing received items
* Optimized for iPhone 6, iPad Pro, and iOS 9 split-screen multitasking
* Added iOS push notification refresh for faster downloads
* Added URL scheme
* Added App Store push previews
* Fixed crash when sending long videos
* Fixed crash when sending documents from other apps in iOS 8
* Fixed previewing unicode text
* Improved accessibility
* Automatically open Google Docs URLs in the Google Drive app, Netflix URLs in the Netflix app, Hulu URLs in the Hulu app, and workflows in the Workflow app
* Bug fixes and other minor additions